Of dozens of fantastic treks in Nepal, the 3 Passes route is best of the best.
- October to November best months
- beginning of March to mid-May next best
- 16-18 days minimum for 3 Passes. 21 days would allow for rest / illness / sidetrip / and other unanticipated delays.
- if you don’t have time, it’s recommended 14 days just to get to Base Camp and back safely.
- wonderful photographic opportunities
- it’s fun to leave the main trails, take to the paths less traveled
- very little gear is needed
- you can easily get pack weight down to 10kg (22lbs)
- walk with no tent, stove or food. Stay in lodges, eat in simple restaurants. Books are often available for rest days.
- safe and easy to hike solo
- no need to speak Nepali, only English
- food is good and quite safe (compared with Kathmandu)
- Everest is the goal. But our favourite peak is Ama Dablam, much more visible en route.
Click PLAY or watch a 1 minute preview on YouTube.
For details click over to our EVEREST BASE CAMP / 3 PASSES information page.