World → Asia → Tibet
One of the best hiking regions in the world is
At this point, we are NOT recommending tourists travel to Tibet for hiking.
AT A GLANCE
- Tibet is quite different than Nepal and India, on the dryer side of the Himalaya
- Tibet should be one of the best hiking destinations in the world
- Amazing walking adventures include:
- unfortunately China bans most independent hiking by foreigners
- government regulated guided hiking tours in the past have not got good reviews
- tours are often stopped due to one client getting symptoms of altitude sickness
Until China makes Tibet travel more tourist friendly, you’d be better off booking a hiking holiday elsewhere in the world.
BEST HIKES IN TIBET are listed on our Asia page.