What makes hiking trails with waterfalls so great is the initial roaring, rumbling sound in the distance, followed by the sight of a powerful yet beautiful, formidable yet awe-inspiring, cascade of white water disappearing into the misty river below.
Ah yes, you are right where you want to be – at one with nature. …
Mount Rainier, Washington
Mount Elbrus, Russia
Mount Fuji, Japan
Mount Shasta, California
I believe Kili is the only one of those 6 that you MUST do with a guide.
Check our list of best trekking peaks. Kili and Ranier are on it.
Canadian National Parks are FREE ENTRY in 2017. I’ve done all of these trips — some more than once — and am booked again in August for Assiniboine.
1. Skyline Trail
2. Skoki Circuit
3. Rockwall Trail
4. Berg Lake Trail
5. Mt. Assiniboine
See our full list of the best hikes in North America.
A terrific list.
- Grand Canyon Rim to Rim to Rim
- Yosemite’s Clouds Rest and Half Dome
- Walking Across Zion
- Alta Via 2, Dolomite Mountains, Italy
- Many Glacier to Logan Pass, Glacier National Park
- Hiking Mount St. Helens
- Laugavegur Trail, Iceland
- John Muir Trail – Evolution Basin to Mather Pass
- Death Canyon Shelf to South Fork Cascade Canyon, Grand Teton National Park
- Volcanoes of Tongariro National Park, New Zealand
- The Narrows, Zion National Park
- Gray Glacier, Torres del Paine National Park, Chile
- Mosquito Creek to Toleak Point, Southern Olympic Coast
- Paria Canyon Narrows
- High Sierra Trail, Sequoia National Park
- Crossing the Wind River Range, Wyoming
- Royal Arch Loop, Grand Canyon
- Rockwall Trail, Kootenay National Park, Canadian Rockies
- Timberline Lodge to Cooper Spur, Timberline Trail, Mount Hood
- Europaweg (Europe Trail) Zermatt, Switzerland
- Spider Gap-Buck Creek Pass Loop, Glacier Peak Wilderness, Washington
- Galdhøpiggen, Norway
- Crown of Idaho’s Sawtooth Mountains
- Thorung La, Annapurna, Nepal
- Traversing the Sierra de Aitana in Southern Spain
Click over to his excellent site for details and links to trip reports: