Ausangate Circuit is one of our top 10 hikes in the world.
Click PLAY or watch a 1 minute introduction on YouTube.
Our favourite hike in the high Andes. Doing it independently only recommended for confident, self-sufficient hikers experienced at high altitude. It’s remote.
AT A GLANCE
- circle sacred Ausangate massif (6372m, 20,905ft), the highest peak in southern Peru
- 4 high passes between 4757m – 5165m
- 70km (43.5mi) plus sidetrips
- almost everyone does Ausangate with a guide, but it’s quite doable independently if you are acclimated
- many options to extend this trek
- best months are the May-September dry season
- Tinqui is
5-8 hoursnow only about 3.5hrs by bus on a new road, about 100km S.E. of Cusco
- sidetrip to the “rainbow mountains” of Vinicunca
Read more on our Ausangate Circuit information page.