We’ve added an information page for those wanting to organize for the famed South Coast Track in Tasmania, one of our top 10 coastal hikes in the world.
World → Austalasia → Australia → South Coast Track
The South Coast Track is a challenging walk in a region of Tasmania exposed to harsh weather conditions. There are no huts along the track. Track conditions are often difficult. Walkers must be fully self-sufficient, well-equipped and experienced.
AT A GLANCE
- surreal, unique Tasmanian seascapes
- entirely within Southwest National Park
- flying in, walking out, the standard route is 82km (51mi)
- 6-8 days Melaleuca to Cockle Creek
- best months December to March