I’ve never been to O’ahu (Oahu). Sadly.
But it’s high on my list.
The hike that jumps to mind first is the Haʻikū Stairs, also known as the Stairway to Heaven or Haʻikū Ladder.
Sadly, those 3000 stairs are closed. Plans are to have them removed as a safety precaution.
Backpacker magazine posted their list of BEST HIKES on the island.
- Our Top Hike on O’ahu: Diamond Head
- Best Rainforest Hike on O’ahu: Manoa Falls Trail
- Best Hike on O’ahu for Views: Kuliouou Ridge Trail
- Best Scramble on O’ahu: Olomana Trail
- Best Adventure Hike on O’ahu: Moanalua/Kamananui Valley Trail
- Best Climb on O’ahu: Kokohead Lookout
- Best Hike on O’ahu for Hot Weather: Aiea Loop Trail
AllTrails users rank Koko Crater Tramway to Kokohead Lookout as even better than Diamond Head.