Harder Ridge in Switzerland, also known as Hardergrat (… grat is ridge in German) is our pick for the very best day hike on Earth.
- 24km total … about 18km on a sharp ridge
- 10+ hours. Physically and psychologically challenging.
- no water available. Carry all you need.
- not an official trail, but it’s easy to follow in good visibility
- about 1500m above the lake
- permits not required
- it’s popular with trail runners who do about 35km entirely on foot.
Check our Harder Ridge information page.
let’s go outdoors is posting flyovers of some of the world’s best hikes on YouTube.
Click PLAY or watch one route on Harder Ridge on YouTube.