So far as I know, he’s the most travelled hiker in the world.
Cam “Swami” Honan:
Over the past ten years my journeys taken me from the snow-capped peaks of Peru to the Aurora Borealis of Arctic Norway, and from the pristine wilderness of Southwest Tasmania to the longest journey of my hiking life, an 18 month, 14,342 mile (23,081 km) peregrination through the backcountry of North America.
… Without further ado, here are some of my hiking highlights from 2010 to 2019 (in no particular order):
1. Southwest Tasmania Traverse (Australia, 2016)
4. Long Crossing of the Lofoten Islands (Norway, 2018)
5. Sangre de Cristo Traverse (USA, 2016)
7. Altiplano Traverse (Bolivia, 2017)
8. Badlands Traverse (USA, 2016)
9. Cordillera Real Traverse (Bolivia, 2017)
10. 12 Long Walks (USA & Canada, 2011/12)
Here are some of my other favourite rambles from the past decade:
- Five Passes Route (New Zealand, 2010).
- Larapinta Trail (Australia, 2010)
- Lowest To Highest Route (USA, 2014)
- Beartooth Mountains Route (USA, 2016)
- Wind River High Route (USA, 2016)
- Cape Wrath Trail (Scotland, 2017)
- Alta Via 2 (Italy, 2019)
- Stubai Horseshoe (Austria, 2019 – trip report still to come)
- Triglav High Route (Slovenia, 2019 – trip report still to come)
Click through for details on This Hiking Life.