One of our top 10 day hikes in the world
Laguna de los Tres
El Chaltén, Argentina
AT A GLANCE
- granite spires of Mount Fitz Roy, Poincenot and Cerro Torre
stunning blue waters, most likely with icebergs
- the nearest airport is El Calafate
- November – March are the best months. You might have snow on the trail in November or March, however.
- 8+ hours round trip depending on route
- elevation gain 2,300 ft. (700m)
- option to tent near the lake
- infamous for bad weather. Be prepared for extreme wind.
Check our Laguna de los Tres information page for details.