Clever Hiker posted the best information on this classic hike we’ve yet seen.
Located in the Vermillion Cliffs Wilderness of Utah and Arizona, this spectacular and unique hike winds through one of the deepest and longest slot canyons in the world.
Wavy sandstone walls twist their way to the sky for nearly thirteen miles, creating surreal patterns of light and sound. The canyon walls often soar hundreds of feet above the wash, and are sometimes only a few feet apart. Buckskin Gulch is truly an amazing place …
- Distance: varies, 21-51 miles depending on trip
- Days Needed: 2-5 days
- Elevation Gain/Loss: varies, 500-1500 ft, depending on trip
- Best Travel Time: April-June or September-November
- Permits: Yes, very competitive
- Difficulty: Moderate to Difficult
- Shuttle: Yes, unless doing an out-and-back hike