Our #1 hike in the world is the West Coast Trail.
AT A GLANCE
- 75 km (47 mi), 5-7 days traditional route
- 3-5 day routes possible via Nitinat
- southwestern edge of Vancouver Island
- Pacific Rim National Park
- Permits required May 1 –
September 16September 30
- extremely rugged, requires a high level of fitness
- 6,000+ backpackers / year
- permits limited and in high demand — WCT Trail reservations
- The reservation system opens 8am PST on January 9, 2017, for example.
- … most expensive hiking permit in Canada