We’ve always ranked Hong Kong as the city with the best hiking within easy range of local transit.
It’s included in one list posted by Matador:
- Crosstown Trail — San Francisco, California
- Arthur’s Seat — Edinburgh, Scotland
- Lakefront Trail — Chicago, Illinois
- Elliot Bay Trail — Seattle, Washington
- Victoria Peak and Pok Fu Lam Country Park — Hong Kong
- The High Line — New York, New York
- Mount Royal — Montreal, Canada
- Schuylkill River Trail — Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Indianapolis Cultural Trail — Indianapolis, Indiana
One hike that’s easily as good as those is in Valencia, Spain.