Sunshine to Assiniboine is one of our top 10 hikes in the world.
- Mt. Assiniboine Provincial Park accessed only on foot or by helicopter. The chopper flies to Canmore (more expensive) or Mt. Shark trailhead (less expensive)
- good chance to see mountain goats, bighorn sheep, elk and mule deer, pikas, chipmunks & hoary marmots
- you will see hordes of Columbian and mantled ground squirrels.
- huge, heavenly alpine meadows
- Assiniboine Lodge is a treat. The pub is open to all.
- colourful wild flowers
- walk the continental divide
- Magog Lake (40 sites) is the most popular base campground for good reason. Easy access to many day hikes. But there is no longer any overflow area). Mule deer sometimes wander between the tents.
- Wonder Pass to Marvel Lake is wondrous and marvellous
World → North America → Rockies → Sunshine to Assiniboine
Click PLAY or watch a 1-minute introduction on YouTube.
For details click over to our Sunshine to Assiniboine information page.