Caminito del Rey
Also known as The King’s Little Path.
Once called the most dangerous pathway in the world in the world.
AT A GLANCE
- Caminito del Rey is near Ardales in the province of Málaga, Spain, Andalusia
- inaugurated by King Alfonso XIII 1921
- first built 1905, the walkway had fallen into disrepair and was partially closed for nearly 15 years due to deaths
- re-opened in 2015
- new pathway still offers a walk of 2.9 km
- 1 metre (3 ft) wide climbing over 100 metres (330 ft) above the Guadalhorce river
- the entire trip from the start at the town of Ardales to finish at Álora would be about 8km and might take 3-4 hours
- originally built to provide access to workers at hydroelectric power plants Chorro Falls and Gaitanejo Falls
- ticket required ( 10€ in 2019)
- in 2019 open Tuesday through Sunday. Closed Monday.
For details on how you can be thrilled on these narrow walkways, check our Caminito del Rey information page.