Caminito del Rey
Also known as The King’s Little Path.
Once called the most dangerous pathway in the world in the world.
AT A GLANCE
- Caminito del Rey is near Ardales in the province of Málaga, Spain, Andalusia
- inaugurated by King Alfonso XIII 1921
- first built 1905, the walkway had fallen into disrepair and was partially closed for nearly 15 years due to deaths
- re-opened in 2015
- new pathway still offers a walk of 2.9 km
- 1 metre (3 ft) wide climbing over 100 metres (330 ft) above the Guadalhorce river
- the entire trip from the start at the town of Ardales to finish at Álora would be about 8km and might take 3-4 hours
- originally built to provide access to workers at hydroelectric power plants Chorro Falls and Gaitanejo Falls
- ticket required ( 10€ in 2019)
- in 2019 open Tuesday through Sunday. Closed Monday.
For details on how you can be thrilled on these narrow walkways, check our Caminito del Rey information page.
One Reply to “top 10 hikes – Caminito del Rey, Spain”
This is awesome. I have to go do this now. My kind of place. Wow. Thanks Rick.