Mac posted an excellent overview on how to tramp one of our top 10 hikes in the world.
- Beautifully maintained track
- Plenty of water available on the trail
- Great side trips (Cradle Mountain, Hartnett Falls, the Acropolis)
- Can stay as many days as you choose out on the track
- Climb Mount Ossa, the highest peak in Tasmania (side trip)
- Expensive – A$230
- Bookings required October 1 to May 31
- Crowded during the high season
- Can only be hiked one direction
Based on Mac’s information, we’ve updated our Overland Track information page.
Mac actually liked Tasmania’s Western Arthur Traverse better than the Overland.