Our new information page is up. And complete.
One of the best hikes in the world
This is a MAJOR long distance adventure like the Pacific Crest Trail. You need do a lot of advance planning. If 500 miles is too much we recommend 3 highlight sections:
- Collegiate West 80mi (4-7 days) <site><trip>
- San Luis Pass to Molas Pass (4-7 days)
- Silverton (Molas Pass) to Durango (4-5 days) <trip>
AT A GLANCE
- 486mi (782km) from Denver to Durango
- shares 234 miles with the Continental Divide Trail
- 4-6 weeks
- highest point is 13,240ft (4035m)
- average elevation about 10,347ft (3048m)
- long stretches where resupply is difficult
- no permits required
- wildflowers best in July
Looking for inspiration? 🙂 Click PLAY John Bryant Baker 2012 on YouTube.
See more on our Colorado Trail information page.