Sectionhiker put up a great post:
Tips and Tricks: How to Pack a Food Bag:
1. When I pack my bear bag at home, I first divide all of my meals into 5 piles: breakfasts, lunches, dinners, snacks, and drinks.
2. I put each pile into itâ€™s own plastic bag. I find that the best ones to use for this purpose are the plastic bags that I get from the dry cleaners that wrap my folded dress shirts.
3. I place my backpacking towel, bear bag line, and mesh sack at the bottom of my food bag.
4. Then I insert my O.P. Sack into my bear bag and place my long handled titanium spoon and toob tooth brush along the inside, propped up vertically for easy access.
5. Next, I put the 5 bags of food into my O.P. sack, one by one, so that the meal or snack that I want next, is positioned at the top of my food bag. After, Iâ€™ve eaten something, I reorder the bags as required, so that food breaks can be kept short if I want to get going again.
6. I always carry my food bag on top of the other gear in my backpack so that itâ€™s easy to access during the day.
Click through for the details – Tips and Tricks: How to Pack a Food Bag – Sectionhiker