One of our top 10 day hikes in the world.
The photos say it all. 😀
- our pick for best day hike — of many — out of El Chaltén, Argentina’s Trekking Capital in Patagonia
- the nearest airport is El Calafate
- November – March are the best months. You might have snow on the trail in November or March, however.
- 8+ hours round trip depending on route
- elevation gain 2,300 ft. (700m)
- option to tent near the lake
- infamous for bad weather. Be prepared for extreme wind.
World → S America → Patagonian Andes → Argentina → Laguna de los Tres
vista from El Chaltén
For details click over to our Laguna de los Tres information page.