We’ve added an information page for those wanting to organize for the famed South Coast Track in Tasmania, one of our top 10 coastal hikes in the world.
The South Coast Track is a challenging walk in a region of Tasmania exposed to harsh weather conditions. There are no huts along the track. Track conditions are often difficult. Walkers must be fully self-sufficient, well-equipped and experienced.
- surreal, unique Tasmanian seascapes
- entirely within Southwest National Park
- flying in, walking out, the standard route is 82km (51mi)
- 6-8 days Melaleuca to Cockle Creek
- best months December to March